RE: [T3] How do I get it home?

On 3 Dec 2001, at 9:16, Schwein, William wrote:

> Good morning.  This is a different topic...   You had helped me previously
> get my 73 FB FI working by changing the Voltage Regulator.  That seemed to
> help but it still intermittently runs terrible.  Usually after being on the
> highway about 40 miles at around 70-75 MPH.  Anyway, it failed inspection
> because the fuel pump is leaking.  I wonder if I can use any other type of fuel
> pump that will be more affordable?  The return hose could be T'd into the
> suction line?

I have good NOS rebuilt early Bosch type 3 pumps which will fit and work
perfectly in any year type 3. These are $55 including shipping in the US.

The rough running could be several things. I'd try putting a temporary fuel
pressure gauge where you can see it while you're driving. You can also
connect a voltmeter to the output side of the fuel pump relay.  When the
rough running starts, check both gauges to see if there is a problem with
either of these.

> Thanks for any help you can give.  I don't understand how to post to
> everyone

To post to the list you just have to address your email to:

type3@vwtype3.org

That's the address of the list server, the computer which resends every
message out to each subscriber. I sent this message to the list server.

-
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org
Madison, WI 53711-3054