Re: [T3] Wiper arm question

On 3 Dec 2001, at 7:16, Daniel Baum wrote:

> I bought a pair of NOS wiper arms a while back for my '69 T34, which I now
> believe are the wrong part. The part no. is 311 955 407C. This is apparently for
> a late Type 3 and at the end there is just a round hole where it mounts on the
> car. They are made by SWF and have a VW logo on them.
>
> I need an earlier type, I think with B at the end of the part no.
>
> So, it is impossible to mount these arms on my early-type spindles?

If these have the tapered hole on the body side, then they are for 71-2 if
silver, or 72-3 if black. I think your 69 T34 just has 6 (?)mm straight shafts
coming out of the body and you need the earlier style. The original style had
a kind of set screw, which didn't work well, but these were replaced under
warrantee by ones which clamped to the shaft and worked very well.

They can't be interchanged.

-
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org