[T3] Mysterious starting problem

Ok here's a stumper that Jim Adney's already aware of:

72 Squareback: FI, manual transmission

I take a nice trip to and from Pennsylvania. I drive at a god clip 70-75
mph, get back to NYC, fill the tank (26 mpg, not bad considering the awful
traffic getting through Manhattan). I fill the tank, check the oil (which
was fine), get back in, and the car won't start. Starter turns over great,
fuel pump relay does all the right click...click, fuel pump runs, juice at
the coil, all grounds in place, spark on all four wires, points working
properly, rotor down good and tight... but nothing until 45 minutes later,
when Keira finally bikes up with my VOM. She turns the ignition while I
stand back there and slow but sure, it kicks in.

Now, Jim and I already discussed, and I'm willing to entertain, the karmic
dimension of this problem.

But, setting that aside, anyone have any ideas as to what this could have
been? This is a new one for me. I had a problem with run-on a while ago, but
that isn't happening anymore and hasn't for months. Could the head temp.
sensor be a suspect?

Car starts up well now, like it usually does. So I think it has to be heat
related.

Hmm..
--
Mike Wodkowski