Re: [T3] Blue interior

Pat D wrote:
>>Ah yes, the ever elusive Blue interior...I also have NOS parts ( Seat
knobs, shift boot...<<

Pat, do you know if the shift boot you have is different than the blue
boots that were used on Sea Blue 1962 T34 Ghias?

(For those that might not know, there are production Type 3s that
definitely had blue interior parts: Sea Blue Type 34 Ghias built before
July 1962 were supposed to have matching blue shift boots, e-brake boots
and handles, heater knob boots, rubber floor mats, carpets, etc. On
Pacific Blue Ghias these same parts were a turquoise-green color. It
makes these cars a challenge to restore, to say the least. I think some
of these special color parts were phased out gradually during the 62
production year. The blue shift boots are rare but are probably the most
commonly seen of these parts today, and are one of the few parts that
would also fit all other Type 3s.)

Scott
62 1500 Ghia (originally Pacific, with some blue and turquoise interior
parts)
65 1500S Squareback Sedan
01 Golf GL