[T3] stop leaks at front of pan?

<x-charset iso-8859-1>On my '69 T3 I'm getting a little water through the wall by the pan to front
wall connection. I have the front axle off right now so access is great. The
lower seam is already painted with something black and pliable, except for a
few inches.

My question is; What does everyone else use in this area of the vehicle to
seal up seams?  Any advise welcome! Thanks.