Re: [T3] Bad to worse

> My first try at syncronizing my carbs was no success. I started with bad
> idle and ended up with no idle at all....

The choke operating rods have an initial setting length.  Do they look
similar?  Haynes gives values for those lengths.  Have you the electric
shut-off valves?  If so, do they work?  Low idle is sometimes caused by the
balance pipes not being attached, and consequent air-leaks in the manifolds.
Have the carbs been cleaned out, or had any work done?  Do they appear to be
complete - no odd holes where things aren't screwed in?  Are the choke
heaters working OK?  If they won't open properly, that might be the problem.

I'll keep thinking.

Dave.
UK VW Type 3 & 4 Club
http://www.hallvw.clara.co.uk/