Re: [T3] Bad to worse

--- Henrik Larsson <notchback@home.se> wrote:
> My first try at syncronizing my carbs was no
> success. I started with bad
> idle and ended up with no idle at all....
>
> The reason that I tried to adjust the carbs was that
> since I bought the
> car in June, I've had a non-smooth idle of 600 rpm
> and a lot of
> hesitation when accelerating below 2500 rpm.
>
> I follow the 1965-67 factory workshop manual and I
> started by resetting
> the carbs: The idle adjustment screw 0.5 turn in
> from closed throttle
> and the mixture screw 1.5 turns out from closed.
> Note: I _THINK_ that
> the mixture screws were much further out when I
> started.
>
> The problem is that I can't get any idle at all
> since I reset the carbs.
> If I turn the idle adjustment screws MANY turns in,
> I can get some kind
> of idle, but I don't think that is the right way to
> go.
>
> I have the feeling that I'm doing something
> completely wrong. Does
> anybody have any ideas?
>
> Henrik Larsson, Sweden
> 1964 and 1968 Notches
>
> take your mixture screw all the way in(easy don't
bottom out hard) then back it out 2 and 1/2 turns this
is rough set, take your linkage off the carb's set
both trotle arms to 0 clearnce start the car and bring
the idle up 1/2 turn till you get the idle where you
want it. Adjust the linkage to where it dosent change
the idle when connected back up. good luck.   Phil.