[T3] Run-on

Hi,

My experience with FI VW engines that run on is this....... it means that the
intake valves and possibly the exhaust valves are getting tight. I would
check the valve lash to see if they are .006 inches.  Another sign that the
valves are getting tight is when you start it in the morning... it starts
right up and then stalls. The second time you start it,  it starts right up
and remains running.  I think that some of the rebuilt heads out there are
using just passable quality valves. I have bought top of the line stainless
valves each time I get rebuilt heads and have the new valves put in with the
"3" step cut to their face. Any good VW machine shop can do this. It is a bit
more to do, but it is worth it in the long run. Just remember that clean oil,
proper timing, and properly adjusted valves is the Type III mantra........:+)

Keep them on the road....Pat@Volksclocks