[T3] Bad to worse

My first try at syncronizing my carbs was no success. I started with bad
idle and ended up with no idle at all....

The reason that I tried to adjust the carbs was that since I bought the
car in June, I've had a non-smooth idle of 600 rpm and a lot of
hesitation when accelerating below 2500 rpm.

I follow the 1965-67 factory workshop manual and I started by resetting
the carbs: The idle adjustment screw 0.5 turn in from closed throttle
and the mixture screw 1.5 turns out from closed. Note: I _THINK_ that
the mixture screws were much further out when I started.

The problem is that I can't get any idle at all since I reset the carbs.
If I turn the idle adjustment screws MANY turns in, I can get some kind
of idle, but I don't think that is the right way to go.

I have the feeling that I'm doing something completely wrong. Does
anybody have any ideas?

Henrik Larsson, Sweden
1964 and 1968 Notches