[T3] Syncronizing carbs

I'm going to try to syncronize the carbs on the 1968 Notch. I have the
factory workshop manual describing the procedure, but I don't own a
"Syncro-Test" tool to measure the amount of air drawn into each carb.

I remember that someone on the list said that it is possible to use a
hose and listen at each carb instead. How do I do that?

Henrik Larsson, Sweden
1964 and 1968 Notches