Re: [T3] coming to INVASION

On 29 Aug 2001, at 3:00, Jason Cornfeld wrote:

> I am definately coming to invasion!!! I am located in Layton UT near
> SLC. getting car registered on friday!! Finally get my licence back
> after 1 1/2 years!!! question.. car smokes on startup... new engine
> like i said before and only has 148 miles on it.. should i just warm
> it up for like a half hour before i go get it inspected and
> emissioned??? give the rings time to seal?? think i will have any
> problems passing a stock F.I. motor?

The stock engine should pass okay, but it would probably help if it
were broken in a bit first. DON'T try to break it in/ warm it up by
just letting it sit and idle. Keep it at med rpm and run the rpms up
and down.

If you can, try to run it on the road a bit just so you can verify that it
seems to be running correctly before you take it in.

Go thru a couple of warmup/cooldown cycles and then recheck the
valves and set the dwell/timing. Then warm it up on a drive and take
it in for the inspection.