Re: [T3] stuck needle valve?

On 27 Aug 2001, at 23:21, Ginger D.&Peter P. wrote:

>     Tonight I took a closer look, and found the right carb dripping
> rapidly at idle.  After shutting off the motor, it continued to drip
> for several minutes.  The drip is coming out of the main jet.  Can I
> get a second opinion on a stuck needle valve and or stuck float bowl?
> Let's say I crack it open and "unstick" it, what can I do to keep this
> from happening again?

It does sound like your bowl may be overfilling. I would check the
float valve for dirt that is holding it open. Do you have an in-line filter
somewhere. They are usually installed before the pump so there is
no pressure on the filter, but if your pump diaphram is breaking up
it can shed material which goes on into the carb. If you have a filter
before the pump and there is still stuff showing up in the carbs,
then I'd look for a rebuild kit for the pump and just take it apart and
inspect it.