[T3] A Question....

I just finished building a stock engine with stock Fi. and i didnt know they
made better air cooling tins that went under the cyls. i just put the plain
old square piece of metal hooked to the studs in there.. will this be ok? or
should i get the higher efficiency cooling tin that wraps around the cyls?
and if i have to get the bigger tins do i have to pull the engine to put em
in? i assume so because they go between the head and cyl. please let me know
because if the car will be fine with the older style cooing deflector
dealies... i would assume just leave them. and one last question... after my
first 1500 miles on the new engine should i pull the engine and check the
head studs?? and the torque?? please let me know.. as i would much rather
not.. but if it is reccommended... i rather do it.

TIA!!!

Cheers!
    Jason
         1970 Fasty F.I. stock with BIG Flange header and single quiet pack.