Re: [T3] syntetic oils

On Sunday 26 August 2001 14:59, neil verdon wrote:
> ok role call.
>         whos on dino.
>         whos on synth.
>         why.
> im on dino oil cause i change it every 3000 miles and i dont have a spin on
> oil filter ! however when i go to t4 pwer with a filter ? i have run synth
> in my watercooled golf and scirroco gtis in the past and i think it felt
> better year round easier on the engine in  the winter and they stayed cool
> even though i thrashed them within an inch of there lives in the summer?
>     what do you run.

I run synthetics in my air cooled engines, and dinosaur oil in my water
cooled engines. The reasoning behind this, is that I always get adds from my
"specials" in the mail from my local Chrysler dealer for free oil changes
with filter for the the water cooled vehicles. I thought "free" was good
until this weekend while trying to find a vibration in my Dakota pickup, I
found that they had not been greasing the universal joints in the 4wd drive
shafts when they did the service. Now I need to replace them.

--
Russ Wolfe
russw@classicvw.org