Re: [T3] shortened axles

On Friday 24 August 2001 15:18, Iamkeen@aol.com wrote:
> Hey, Russ, Henrik, et al.
>
> All this talk of older style swing axles.. and me with an IRS car.  Is this
> your way of letting me down gently, suggesting that I just put it out of my
> head, that there is no hope of a nifty "pro street" look for my late-model
> T3?
>
> Also, I'm sure such a setup would compromise something in terms of ride,
> cornering, safety, etc... assuming it is possible w/ IRS,  what're the
> potential drawbacks?

It can be done with IRS, but there is a lot more to it than appears. I know
that Tom Hansen did it on his Notchback that he converted to IRS. And he has
a "how to" on his web site.
If Tom reads this, maybe he can point the way. It is just that I don't have
the URL to his site right now.

--
Russ Wolfe
russw@classicvw.org