[T3] Parcel tray question

hi guys! I just got a isp west parcel tray in the mmail from a guy off of
ebay.  i have a few questions though i understand how to mount it and
everything. but... on the drivers side.. it hits the steering colums
adjuster ya know that thing you rotate to meke sure your column is centered
in there? do i have to cut my tray?? Please help me i would like to put this
in here some how.. oh this is a 1970 T-III Fasty. Any help is greatly
appreciated!

Jason