Re: [T3] Pop out windows

On 23 Aug 2001, at 22:40, Peter Legault wrote:

> I have located two old type 3,s and was curious if can install the pop
> out windows from them into my car. I am not sure what years they are
> but have the in numbers
>
> My vehicle is a 1973 Type 3 Square bearing vin number 3632052172
>
> The donor vehicles bear numbers 368217223 and 360200182

These are a 68 and a 70 (note the 3rd digit in each VIN)

> Also where can I find a listing of year of manufacture from these vin
> numbers

At www.vwtype3.org

The popouts will FIT, but you will have to cut holes in the "B" pillars
for the "hinges." Those holes will not have the welded in
reinforcements that the early ones came with but they will
PROBABLY survive. Others here have done this.

-
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org
Madison, WI 53711-3054