Re: [T3] a bad idea?

On 22 Aug 2001, at 21:05, Eduardo Godoy wrote:

> the adapters won't let the wheels turn on the front, as they hit on
> the calipers.  In the back, the adapters don't seat quite right into
> the groove of the drum.
>
> I'm wondering what you all think how severely I'll compromise the
> integrity/balance of the whole wheel assembly by grinding down the
> adapters in the back and slipping in spacers (and longer bolts) in
> the front to separate the adapter/wheel from the caliper?

You have to be careful. I'm not sure how far out the 5 bolts go, but
you have to be careful where you remove metal/strength and make
sure that things go on well centered.

There's also the question of fender clearance and canitlevered  load
on the wheel bearings if you offset the wheels outwards.

-
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org
Madison, WI 53711-3054