From: <EricMH313@aol.com>
To: <type3@vwtype3.org>
Sent: Tuesday, August 21, 2001 9:54 PM
Subject: [T3] Late Square roof racks?

> I have been wondering (for years) what roof racks were available for the
late Square, either as factory or dealer installed options. I have located a
'71 Square, all but abandoned in VERY sorry shape, with the roof rack being
the best part on the car (& my excuse for towing the whole rusty mess home,
if the owner would respond to the notes I've left). The rack in question is
a basic rectangle bolted to the roof & has several seperate slats (whoa! say
that five times fast:>)also bolted to the roof. It must be at least partly
alluminum, because much of it shows little pitting (& the car is <seriously>
corroded- the worst Type 3 I think I've ever seen). Anyone got the lowdown
on roof racks? Even better, got any pictures?