From: Rex Trye [mailto:ariete@xtra.co.nz]
Sent: 22 August 2001 09:42
To: type3@vwtype3.org
Subject: [T3] Carb heater?

Hi Guys,
            Maybe someone can help me, possibly in Britain. While this is
not exactly type 3 related, (though we do have a 66 TL) I could do with
some help or a point in the right direction. My 71 Kombi bay window has a
flat spot, and I've done everything I can think of including getting it
eliminated. The pre heater tubes are all working etc. I"m told there is a
product that is available in the UK (and elseswhere?) It's for want of a
better description is a little electric blanket that goes around the base
of the carburator and is connected to the coil for heating. Can anyone help?
  Thanks Rex Trye

P.S. If only all the Kombi's went as well as the type 3's.