[T3] Squareback lifgate interchangability

I was wondering if a '72 liftgate fits any of the pre-'70 models. I am planning on dragging it to a swap meet soon & would like to know. Incidentally, if anyone is interested in said liftgate (which is not mint & lacks glass- the defroster actually worked, so I'm keeping it), I'm in the Detroit, MI area & will be at the Toledo VW show in about a month.
TIA & Later,
Erich
'71 Square
'72 & '73 T-III parts