Re: [T3] My front brake rotors turn with the pedal applied. HELP!

On Sunday 19 August 2001 10:02, Christopher Stofer wrote:
> You did put them back on the same sides didn't you? (bleed valves
> on top?)
>
> Please expand.
>
> The bleed valves are on the bottom on my car.  I have not removed the
> calipers on the front, becasue the pads and rotors looked ok.  The previous
> owner had some front brake work done on it prior to my purchase.  Possibly
> they were installed incorrectly at that time and this is why I can not get
> a good bleed on my front brakes.

Thats your problem. The bleeder valves should be on the top. Otherwise, you
can't get all the air out of the calipers.
In fact, you can bleed the front calipers by just opening the bleeders on the
calipers one at a time, and letting gravity bleed them for you, if everything
else is OK.
--
Russ Wolfe
russw@classicvw.org