Re: leaky trans plugs

On 18 Aug 2001, at 9:16, Everett Barnes wrote:

> I sorta missed the beginning of this conversation but are you saying
> the 17mm recessed hex socket drain plugs in your tranny leak?

Not the tapered drain/fill plugs. These plugs are in the nose of the
tranny where the backup light switch would go and have straight
(parallel) threads. Some early cars came with tapped holes and
plugs, while others just came with cases which were never drilled.

I think that hole seals with a paper gasket.