Re: [T3] My front brake rotors turn with the pedal applied. HELP!

--- Christopher  Stofer <CSTOFERCPA@excite.com> wrote:
> I have a 1966 VW fastback and am having trouble
> getting my front disc brakes
> to work properly.  I will tell you what I have done
> to the brake system so
> far.  I have replaced the rear drums, shoes, wheel
> cylinders, master
> cylinder (conversion to dual circuit) and flexible
> brake lines at all four
> corners.  Upon inspection, my front rotors and pad
> are in good condition.
>
> Prior to the dual circuit MC conversion I had front
> brake response and know
> after bleeding the brakes, I can still turn the
> rotors by hand while the
> brake pedal is pressed.  I know my rear brakes are
> working and adjusted
> properly.  The brake pedal still goes ½ to ¾ to the
> floor before getting
> brake pressure.
>
> I noted while bleeding the front brakes, I only got
> a trickle of fluid, when
> the bleeder value was released (both sides).  I
> thought there was something
> wrong with the MC, so I disconnected the front brake
> line at the flexible
> hose and pressed the pedal and fluid shot across the
> driveway.
>
> Could there be a massive amount of air in the 2nd
> circuit, which would not
> allow the caliper to compress, requiring a “bench
> bleed’?  Possibly, my
> calipers could be frozen, but this seems unlikely
> that both would freeze at
> the same time and they worked prior to the MC
> conversion.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Chris
> If you disconected the front brake rubber line at
the metal one and had free flow there it means that
either the rubber line is stopped up or  the calaper
>,disconect it at the calaper and see if you still
have free flow , make sure your fluid supply stays
near full. also check your bleed on the system if the
back brakes are locking and the front still turns  it
could be air in the front. Normaly the front brakes
come in first followed by the rear.