Re: [T3] Lesson learned

Just yesterday I too had a close call:
Trying to remove a bearing from a shaft (that were one piece) of a water
pump (easy, easy, it's my friends Honda :-)
I used a press, and after about a minute of pressing I heard a sound like a
gun shot and when I looked at the bearing - the side wall of the bearing had
broken (about 4mm of hardened steel) and all the balls had shot out, luckily
I wasn't standing in the line of fire.
A day before that I did the classical: "heat up the rear hub with a propane
torch, forget it's hot and try and catch it when it comes off", luckily I
reacted quick and let it drop with just  a few blisters.

The fun never ends.
Herman