Re: [T3] AS21 vs. AS41 magnesium alloys

Shad,

That is very interesting information on that web site about the proportion of
magnesium used.  However, if for AS21 cases, the percentage content of
aluminium+magnesium+silicon=6.8%, what then makes up the other 93.2%?   I do
not understand.  The same question arises for the AS41A proportions.

Any idea how much magnesium, if at all, is used in the Type4 cases?

Regards,

Simon Glen
Toowoomba,  Australia.