Re: [T3] type 4 auto flexplate

Hey Kris-

> Well, we just pulled the flywheel from the 1.7 last
> night, it has 6 bolts vs. my 1 gland nut for my
> flexplate, what to do? will a type 4 auto flexplate
> bolt up to the type 3 torqu converter? i hope so or
> scrap that idea, please let me know SOMEBODY! Thank
> you, Kris Taylor.

Six bolts, eh?  That's one unique T4 :-)  Just kiddin... (but it should have
five bolts...)

Anyway, the type 4 auto flexplate should bolt up to the type 3 torque
converter without a hitch.  The only difference I know of between the
T2/T3/T4 auto trannies is the differential.  Interestingly enough, the T3
has the tallest differential of the three.

Take care,
Shad