Re: Thermostat/Oil Cooler (long... but maybe useful...)

Jim,

During the 1960's Volkswagen Australasia Limited had its own non-ferrous
foundry attached to its factory at Clayton near Melbourne.  In those
days, Australian-made Beetles and Type2s had 100% Australian-made
engines.

Regards,

Simon Glen
Toowoomba,  Australia.