Re: Thermostat/Oil Cooler (long... but maybe useful...)

Jim,

I read it somewhere that 1969 Type4 "V" series engines have magnesium cases.  I
also have a spare "V" series case which needed welding (because somebody had
overtightened the oil strainer nut).  The welders checked it out told me it was
magnesium and recommended that I didn't bother with it anymore.

Regards,

Simon Glen
Toowoomba, Australia,