Re: [T3] Still Can't Get Right With The New FI Parts In.

On 16 Aug 2001, at 15:02, Mark Healey wrote:

> My car is now has a complete 71 FI setup.  It doesn't work right.
> There is some black in the exhaust.
> It has real trouble with hills.
> It backfires coughs when decelerating.
> I think my dwell meter is smoked, it reads the same no matter what I
> do.  I just used the feeler guage and timed it.
>
> The charging voltage is 13

It should be above 14 at the battery with a warm engine and at med
rpm. If it is below 13 under these conditions replace the voltage
regulator with a genuine Bosch.

> The fuel pressure is 28.

Probably okay.

> Another thing.  I can't find in bentley how to ajust the accelerator
> cable.  I know where the ajustments are but I don't know how they
> should be ajusted.

The only adjustment that you need to make to the cable itself are
to make sure that it returns all the way when you let up the pedal
and that when you push the pedal all the way to the floor the
throttle valve is fully open.