RE: [T3] Bentley

On 15 Aug 2001, at 15:07, Carrie Elm wrote:

> I wasn't sure if I should be offended or what!
> Damn near every time someone asks a question here the reply is "Check your
> Bentley Manual" etc.
>
> Thanks for the suggestion of the book that I have no hope of ever finding in
> a bookstore too :)

The late one is readily available and is still useful for those who
own cars earlier than 68. Here's the info:

Volkswagen Official Service Manual
Type 3 Fastback and Squareback 1968-1973
published by Robert Bentley, Cambridge, Mass, 1974
ISBN 0-8376-0057-X / LPV 997 383 / VSQU
(excellent book, complete and well written)

All printings for the last 15 years or so have had the wiring
diagrams in B & W instead of color. I have a few old copies with
color diagrams for which I ask a premium price. If your type 3 is
older, there's no reason not to just buy a new one, though. I hear
that you can find them a some places for around $30.