Re: [T3] Engine starting kit

On Wednesday 15 August 2001 15:23, DGaries808@aol.com wrote:
> I have an order in for an engine starting kit with RMMW, and they have put
> me off once again. I've been waiting for two months. What I need is
> somewhere to buy a kit  to start my engines without installing them in a
> car. It's RMMW part no. VL16-001, two pages from the end of their catalog.
> I have some 12-volt and some 6-volt engines that I need to use this part
> on, especially the three 6-volt engines sitting out front in my shop.

See if you can find an old 6V VW transmission case, and a 6V and a 12 V
AUTOMATIC starter. One half of an old 36hp split case works beautiful. You
can mount the 6V starter for the 6V engines, and mount the 12V starter for
the 12V engines. You will have to grind a little out of the inside of the
bell housing to get it to clear the 12V flywheels, but this is not a big deal.
I used to have one of these, but threw it away when I moved 10 years ago.
If you have any questions, contact me.

--
Russ Wolfe
russw@classicvw.org