Re: RE: [T3] Shock/tyre advise

Hey Toby-

> VDO makes a programmable speedo to correct for this offset.  Unfortunately,
> from what I've seen they don't make a speedo in our size

You can also take your stock speedometer down to a calibration shop and have
them recalibrate it for you - just give them the number of tire rotations per
mile (should be avail. from the tire specs or can be approximated pretty danged
closely by the size number...).  I've called around and know that this is
indeed possible at least on a Ghia speedo, so I don't see why a T3 couldn't be
done, too.  I'm just waiting until I find a European KPH gauge for my Ghia
before I do it... a "stock" 140mph speedometer (using US odometer gears) would
look groovy :-)

Of course, this won't help the odometer much.  You can also have a shop make a
little gear box for you to change the cable speed, but that can get pricey.
Or, you could just not care that much... :-)

> (ha ha, very funny,
> I mean 'speedometer' you monkeys!)

Uh huh... sure you do... :-)

Take care,