From: Greg Merritt [mailto:gregm@vwtype3.org]
Sent: Wednesday, August 15, 2001 3:09 PM
To: Edenfield Justin D CONT BATH
Cc: Type 3 List (E-mail)
Subject: RE: [T3] Bentley

	Eh? Woops!

	The original person used the word "lacking" in the
least-commonly-used sense.

	Per, who I presume is not a native speaker of English, responded
in a manner which indicated that he was parsing the word "lacking"
according to one of its more frequently-used definitions.  (He was
commenting on what the *Bentley* was lacking, which is not what the
original poster had meant.)

	I saw the confusion, and made a quick post w/ the reference.
Perhaps I should have responded just to Per with an explanation of the
nearly-idiomatic usage.

	Perhaps I'm the one who's lacking...

Regards,
-Greg