Re: [T3] My engine rebuild so far

<<
>> As long as the 2 dimples fall between each other that is correct.
>> Then you have to get the dist drive gear installed right so that it is
>> correct for a type 3. Once it is in correctly, put the distributor in,
>> too. This will keep the drive gear from being pushed up and jammed
>> by the motion of the crank as you turn it to install other stuff.

>>> I just have an itch in my brain on the timing , maybe I did good but
>>> want assurance. Is there a better way to do this ? Did I miss anything ?

   Quick question:  The Bentley nor the Haynes directly clarifies this:  when
the crank and cam gears are aligned and the timing mark on the crankshaft is
positioned evenly at the case parting line,  this _IS_ zero degrees TDC cyl.
#1,  right?  I've always installed the distributor drivegear after the
longblock was assembled,  but getting that out of the way early on would
certainly simplify things!

    Mike Tunaitis
    1964 1500s Notchback