RE: T3 Seam seal (rear quarters)

I bought some Napa (basically generic :) seam sealer.  Though not quite as
bad, my rear looked similar to yours.  Chip the old seam sealer off, clean
the heck outta the whole body panel, apply POR-15 or Corroless (that's what
I used) everywhere needed and then some, then push the seam sealer into the
crevices.  Replace the seals with new stuff:
http://www.jcwhitney.com/product.jhtml?CATID=65531&BQ=jcw2
Specifically, Type 11 (#11):
http://www.jcwhitney.com/item.jhtml?ITEMID=20021

This is what Keith Parks used and he liked it so I used it as well.  Works
great!  When you remove your fender you'll see the old seals, one at the
bottom of the fender that looks like this seal and one that is foam and 'U'
shaped around the air intake.  Replace the old lower seal with the new one,
installing the new one in the same direction as the old, the flap part of
the seal facing the correct direction.  Use the same new seal to replace the
old, dilapidated foam one.  I think I had it so the flap part of the seal
faced downward.  Putting the fender on is possible to do by yourself, even
with the new seals.  It will be a very snug-to-tight fit, the fender to the
body, so just put the fender on with a couple of loose securing screws and
crawl underneath to adjust the flap part of the seal as necessary so it
pushes (seals) against the fender skin.  I found that curved hemostats work
very well (they are actually a rather useful tool that I keep in my tool
box...and no, I don't smoke pot!, only cigars)

Shoot, now I kinda wish I took pictures when I did my fender a couple months
back  :(
   Toby Erkson
   air_cooled_nut@pobox.com
   '95 VW Jetta III GL 2.0L, P-Chipped, Jamex sport suspension
   Portland, Oregon, http://www.icbm.org/

...  I like 3M "Heavy Drip-Chek" Sealer for the