[T3] My VW Weekend

Well, besides finishing up the poster for the Type 3 Invasion this weekend, I
also spent some quality time with my cars.  I have finished POR-15ing the
inside of the floorpan on the 66 Square.  I have to say again, I am really
impressed with the POR-15.  I also tried a bit more of the composites with
the POR-15.  I used small bits of glass mat where I had more than a pin hole.
 Seems to work good so far.  I will let everyone know what I think after I do
the outside of the floorpan later this week.

I also scored a major parts (or pieces as my neighbir calls them) find on
Saturday.  I had gotten a tip from Listee Peter Parker (Thanks Peter!) about
some body panels in western MI.  I e-mailed the owner about the factory
sunroof Squareback roof section that he was GIVING AWAY.  Turns out Grant was
going to be heading to the Detroit area this weekend and could bring the roof
that far for me.  Turns out he was also looking to unload the rest of the
Square body that he had sectioned.  I got a front clip that is not in great
shape but has some good sections for rebuilding the front of my Fasty.  I got
a left and right rear quarter panels with the load floor that I can use to
patch the floor of the 66 Square and have material left over for the Fasty.
Adn I got a drivers door that I may use to replace the creased door on the
66!!!  All for nothing and Grant shaved about 6 hours of driving off picking
them up........

Gotta love the VW family!  Thanks again Grant. (And Peter for the tip)  I
will try to put the panels to good use.....so the yellow Square did not give
itself up in vain.

I took some pictures that I will try to post to my website one of these days.

Later,
John Jaranson
'71 FI Auto Fasty (Jane)
'66 Square (???)
About half of a Late Square (Organ Donor)
http://hometown.aol.com/jaransonT3