Re: [T3] need advice on engine rebuild

So original VW parts is the way to go.... Does anyone
know anything about the SCAT cast counterwieghted
cranks? They are a new crank so all journals are
standard and I've thought of using one. I have a set of 67 dual port original VW heads that are un-cracked
and will send them to rimco for a go-over. As far as
the case goes, I need one. I prefer to have a good,
uncut case machined by rimco, as an alternative to a
new universal. Does anyone out there have a dual relief
case that's been previously uncut for sale? Jim, I seem
to remember you saying you had some. If you do, contact
me directly via e-mail and we'll talk. Will the "cofap"
, "cima" p/c combination fit my needs for longevity?
I've used them before, but have sold the vehicles
before putting much more than 40K on them so I'm not
sure. Again, i'm looking for maximum longevity. Sorry
if this is long, but I think it's time my fasty got
a good reliable powerplant and I want to spend my time
and money wisely.
Thanks
Marc
67 Fasty