Re: [T3] POP OUT INSTALL

On 10 Aug 2001, at 4:23, Shirleyclan wrote:

> I am looking at installing pop outs in my 72 Squareback. I have the windows,
> latches and welting for the body. If I take the old window out and there
> isn't slots in the window pillar for the pop outs. Is it hard to make them
> or should I stay with the stationary windows.

The good news is that as long as you are reasonably careful, you
can stop at any time and go back to the regular windows if you
choose to.

The bad news is that even if the holes are there, the reinforcement
plates that VW spot welded in (INSIDE the pillars!) won't be there.
There's no way for us to add those now. I don't have any idea
whether this is likely to give you a problem.