Re: [T3] Brake pushrod

On 10 Aug 2001, at 19:30, Henrik Larsson wrote:

> Sorry that I sent last message before I had looked in all my workshop
> manuals. I found the info in Part 2 of the factory 1965-1967 manual. The
> info was in the Frame section (pedal cluster) instead of the Brake section.
> The pushrod length is specified for the first dual circuit cars (149.0 mm),
> but from 15 Dec 1966 there is no specified pushrod length. Instead, the
> pushrod is adjusted for each car. The adjustement is done with a triangle
> shaped template. I did this template out of cardboard. The template is used
> to adjust the pedal stop bracket and the brake pushrod is then adjusted to
> achieve a pushrod clearance of 1 mm.

I seem to recall that the template adjustment was meant to be
done without any carpet in the way, so you might want to watch
out for that. FYI, I measured a pushrod here and got 152.5mm. I
only measured one this time, but I'm pretty sure I measured several
the last time and they were all pretty close.

I'd be interested to know how yours turns out after you use the
template to adjust it.