Re: Starter fluid (was Re: [T3] '66 Square Update (a bit long))

On 10 Aug 2001, at 20:04, Per Lindgren wrote:

> Hal Sullivan wrote:
>
> > When I worked at a lakeside marina many many moons ago, we had some
> > balky Jet Skis that didn't like to start.  We always used WD-40
> > instead of starting fluid, as the WD at least provides some
> > lubrication.
>
> I didnt know that the WD40 was that flammable? Thanks, I'm gonna try
> this next time.

I suspect it's the propellant that is flammable, probably propane or
butane, the WD 40 is not much more than kerosene, which would
make it perfect for starting a diesel engine, and give pretty good
lubrication for anything else.

With this in mind, how about just using propane as a starter? Just
stick your unlit propane torch down there.

-
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org
Madison, WI 53711-3054