Re: [T3] Brake pushrod

Jim Adney wrote:

> Okay, I'll measure a pushrod tonight. I think we found that the
> Bentley didn't give a number and the number that we found
> somewhere else seemed to have 2 digits transposed so that it was
> off by ~10mm (sound familiar?) so this is certainly a problem for
> someone who doesn't have the setting gauge.

Sorry that I sent last message before I had looked in all my workshop
manuals. I found the info in Part 2 of the factory 1965-1967 manual. The
info was in the Frame section (pedal cluster) instead of the Brake section.
The pushrod length is specified for the first dual circuit cars (149.0 mm),
but from 15 Dec 1966 there is no specified pushrod length. Instead, the
pushrod is adjusted for each car. The adjustement is done with a triangle
shaped template. I did this template out of cardboard. The template is used
to adjust the pedal stop bracket and the brake pushrod is then adjusted to
achieve a pushrod clearance of 1 mm.

The "template adjustment" is equivalent to adjust the maximum pedal travel
to 225 mm, as mentioned in the Bentley (Brakes 4.4).

Henrik Larsson, Sweden