Re: [T3] How to lower a type 3?

----- Original Message -----
From: Giles Vincent <Giles.Vincent@btinternet.com>
To: <type3@vwtype3.org>
Sent: Thursday, August 09, 2001 8:48 PM
Subject: [T3] How to lower a type 3?

> Does anyone know the best front settings for lowering a type 3, and
> recommend front and rear suspension. Also does anyone have the step by
step
> notes for lowering the front.
> Cheers, Giles

Lowering the front of a Type3 was covered in the june '89 Volksworld, and is
pretty easy (assuming nothing breaks or rounds-off). I can scan or fax you
the article if you like. Personally I wouldn't lower more than two inner
splines at the front, as at that setting you still have to cut the
bump-stops down to about 3/4" long if you want any sort of movement in the
suspension. Bearing in mind the crap state of UK roads at present......