Re: [T3] New FI Parts In

On 9 Aug 2001, at 14:47, Greg Merritt wrote:

> On Thu, 9 Aug 2001, Jim Adney wrote:
>
> > Just make sure that you have it on the correct solenoid terminal!
> > There are often 2 there, and one of them will be hot all the time;
> > THAT one is the wrong one and will make your engine run rich and
> > poorly.

>  ...but only when cold, eh?  We're talking about the cold start
> valve, I assume?  That beast is grounded through a
> tempearture-sensitive switch, I believe.

There are 2 wires in that cable. If it was attached to the wrong
terminal then the 1 wire that fed the CSV would only keep the CSV
open as long as the thermo switch temp was below its threshold,
but the second wire goes straight into the brain and richens the
mixture for as long as there is voltage there.

-
Jim Adney
jadney@vwtype3.org
Madison, WI 53711-3054