Re: [T3] Ground wire? on steering box

> P.S to open the front hood after the cable was not attached, I pulled the
bumper and b-support off and stuck a long metal rod in and poped it open. No
damage, yeah!

Well done - it was just a theoretical (unpractised) idea I had (too?), but
also depends on having bumper bolts that undo or there's an extra job
getting the sheared bolts out again!

As you suspect the horn earths through the steering box.  You must have the
bridging wire connected across the steering coupling from one bolt to the
adjacent one!

Dave.
UK VW Type 3 & 4 Club
http://www.hallvw.clara.co.uk/