[T3] Talk'n Rust Again....

So my saga continues. I have been on a rust fixing rampage the last two
weeks. If you guys don't remember a few weeks ago i posted on the list
that i found rust on my "rust free car" if you know what i mean. Anyway
i scraped the wheel wells and por15'd them and shot them with 3m body
shutz undercoating. If anyone out there hasn't used this stuff it is
great. I can't say enough. 3m makes good stuff! I have taken digital
photos through the whole process and and working on getting them onto my
website. So with the rear wheel wells fixed and look'n good i have moved
onto other problem areas. Which brings me to my subject tonight. I
noticed that i was still having leaks around my fresh air box. I had
fixed the drain problems so i new i was going to be getting deep in the
weeds on this one. So fast forward to tonight. I pulled the fresh air
box and found that there was extensive rust around the little flange
that is around the opening. I poked around and found that the metal in
the front of this flange is very week. Seems this was just about to rust
through. Ugh!! So i crapped off all of the rust and blew it out with my
air compressor. So this is where my question lies. How do i go about
fixing this? I will give you my plan of attack and please if anyone has
any other suggestions or has been through fixing this before and has
some words of wisdom, please let me in on them.
I order the trusty old por15, but i order the clear version. I also
order the por15 putty. I plan on using the putty on the part that seems
to have just about rusted through. I figure that it will give it a
little strength. Then i plan on poring the por15 down into the fresh air
vents. I figure i will just let it run around in there and kind of
puddle at the bottom where the rust is. Is there anything else that i
should do? I bought the clear por15 so if it gets a little messy i won't
be able to see it. Has anyone else found an easier way to coat the
inside of this area? It seems like it's going to be real awkward.
So that's my deal. I guess when this is done i will move onto the front
fenders. It seems like my working on this car will never end. Just when
i think i have it all done, a new project rears it's ugly little head.
Seems a lot like life.....
peace all,
jesse
71 fi squareback