Re: [T3] Carb manifolds markings

----- Original Message -----
From: <PunkDork55@aol.com>

>     Anyway, i got a pair of used dual carb manifolds and they are stamped
"5"
> on the right hand manifold and "5a" on the left one. (could be the other
way
> around, i dont remember exactly).. my old ones are stamped "7" and "7a".
> does anyone know what these numbers refer to?  size? length? im probably
> going to use the "5" manifolds, as my "7"s have rust on the inside and the
5s
> are clean.   let me know!

The main difference between manifolds, apart from single/dual port, is the
vacuum take-offs. There are 3 or 4 versions, with a single balance pipe
facing forward  just below the carb flange, with two balance pipes coming
out sideways just above the mating face with the head, and with or without a
take-off for the vacuum retard on the dizzy. The version with twin pipes is
'71MY on, so you may not have them in the US.

AFAIK, there are no other differences in length, diameter, whatever, so if
the manifolds have the right combination of pipes, you should be in
business. The cast numbers may be the last number of the part number. Maybe
someone with a parts book can shed some light on this?