Re: [T3] Exhaust Recirculation Device?

On 6 Aug 2001, at 20:02, Matt Small wrote:

> That canister that I had brought up in a past thread, the one with the 2
> little pipes on the bottom was not what we thought it was.  What it IS I
> dont really know.  There is a hose that comes down off the top of my air
> distributor and leads to this little thing which is located down by the
> number one cylinder.

There are 2 parts there, one of which is probably partly gone.
Above the tin there is the EGR valve, which is probably still there.
Below and in front of the #1 cyl there are probably the remnants of
the EGR filter cannister. Unless your filter is still intact, the best
thing to do is to simply remove it and make block-off plates for the
places that its 2 ends used to connect.

It's really important that you NOT leave the exhaust leaking there.
Even a small exhaust leak will burn any wires in that area.
Makeshift repairs there will come back to haunt you.