Re: [T3] Fuel Injector dates

On 6 Aug 2001, at 7:51, Shirleyclan wrote:

> Does anyone know what the numbers on the Bosch fuel injector means. The one
> in particular is on the same side as the part number, in the middle and at
> the bottom of the yellow top? Is this the date of manufacture?

The injectors can have 2 long numbers on them: The 10 digit
Bosch part # and the 9 digit VW number, if the part was purchased
thru VW. In addition, most Bosch parts have a 3 digit number
which is a kind of date code. I've seen tables that call out what
they mean, but I don't think there is anything there that should be
recognizable.

If anyone has any easy way of interpreting these date codes, I'd be
interested in learning about them.