RE: [T3] re 2 questions rear shocks

Not a clue.  I haven't had the need to investigate this.  I don't think
coil-overs are necessary on our cars since we already have springs (in the
form of torsion bars).  Maybe if the car was constantly carrying heavy loads
it could use the help (?).
   Toby Erkson
   air_cooled_nut@pobox.com
   '95 VW Jetta III GL 2.0L, P-Chipped, Jamex sport suspension
   Portland, Oregon, http://www.icbm.org/